Samsung Galaxy S9 and the S9 Plus are the best phones of 2018 as they come with the best design, camera, latest hardware, and Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. Not just that but the phones also support Project Treble which is the most anticipated feature of 2018. The best part about Project Treble is that you can directly flash the latest AOSP sources via Fastboot. However, to make things a little easier, there are custom ROMS developed which can be flashed using a TWRP recovery as well. So in this guide we will show you How to Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus install LineageOS 15.1 | Android 8.1 Oreo ROM codenamed starlte and star2lte.
As the project advances, more and more 8.1 Oreo based ROMs come our way in support of many new Android smartphones. Thanks to the Project Treble support, the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ can now be updated to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo with the help of official LineageOS 15.1 official builds. However, this is only for the Exynos processor variants with model numbers SM-G960F/FDS/N and SM-G965F/FDS/N. The Snapdragon variants will have to wait as they may not directly support Project Treble.
Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus For Download official Lineage OS 15.1
The official nightly builds of the Lineage OS 15.1 were live yesterday, but due to some technical problems, the links are offline again. However, the developers said that the links will be live at the links below by the next LineageOS cycle which is Monday, April 30, 2018. So by the end of today or tomorrow, you will be able to download the official Nightly builds at the following links.
So you can download the pre-official builds for the two devices until the official ones come up. Later, you can simply flash the official builds onto this unofficial one without formatting anything.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Exynos SM-G960F/FDS/N
You can use the official LineageOS rooting addons. Or simply flash the popular Magisk 16.4 zip for more You will also need the latest Google Apps, aka Gapps, packages to use the Google Play Services. You can use the official LineageOS 15.1 Gapps or flash the ones listed by us Open Gapps.
How to Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus install LineageOS 15.1 | Android 8.1 Oreo
How to Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus install LineageOS 15.1 | Android 8.1 Oreo can be flashed directly using a custom TWRP recovery. We already have the root method which also include the official TWRP recovery setup guide. So once your device has gained root access, simply wipe the previous Samsung Experience ROM and flash the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM zip. See instructions below.
- Make sure your have Enabled OEM unlocking and Advanced reboot from Developer Options.
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S9& S9 Plus device is rooted with latest TWRP recovery.
- Download all the Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus LineageOS 15.1 ROM from above.
- Also download the Gapps package for Android 8.1 Oreo, latest Magisk v16.4+.
- Transfer all the files including the ROM, Gapps, and Magisk zip to phone storage or SD Card.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Go to backup option and take a full Nandroid backup of all the partitions like system, data, etc.
- Now, go to the wipe option and wipe all the partitions except the internal storage. Or do a factory reset.
- Later, tap on the install option and flash the Lineage OS ROM zip followed by the Gapps, and the latest Magisk 16.4+ zip.
- Reboot to system.
OK Done How to Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus install LineageOS 15.1 | Android 8.1 Oreo is successfull.