You can now Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Install Android Oreo Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM.
Samsung is already rolling out Oreo for the Exynos variant of the S8 and S8+. But there’s still no official news on when the 2016 S-series devices will receive the update. However, there has been a recent chatter that has surfaced. According to AndroidU.ro, some user in the S7/S7 Edge Telegram group posted two images of an S7 Edge (G935F) running Android 8.0 Oreo. Allegedly, the said user received the update accidentally. Well, we are not sure whether the screenshots are authentic or not. But even if they aren’t, you still have the chance to Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Install Android Oreo using the Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM.
Amid all the S8 Oreo hype, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge users can also get the official Android 8.0 Oreo update on their devices. This will take your S7 device to a new firmware build number G935FXXU1DQK2. The firmware is based on stock Samsung Experience 9.0; formerly known as TouchWiz. Most importantly, it features the latest January 2018 Security Patch.
Guide Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Install Android Oreo Samsung Experience 9.0
XDA senior member ProtoDeVNan0 has come up with Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM based on Android Oreo. Like the stock firmware, the ROM also runs updated Samsung Experience 9.0. The developer was able to compile the ROM because of the added contribution of another member – Kill-switch, who recently provided the full system and kernel dump of the S7 Edge firmware. The ROM can only be flashed on the G935F model of the S7 Edge (Exynos). Before you even follow the steps to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge, let us talk a bit more about the ROM itself.
Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM sports January 2018 security patch, which does indicate that Samsung probably testing the update internally. The developer has further taken a step, debloated the ROM and fixed S-Health app issues. His focus is to keep the ROM as close to stock as possible. While all else works flawlessly, a few users reported that Samsung Gear was not functional. A quick tip from another member indeed fixed the problem. All you have to do is, grab the latest Gear S Plugin APK and install it on your device.
It’s quite an exciting news for those using the device since they have been long expecting to see the Oreo update. So, if you totally dig flashing custom ROMs, then go ahead and follow the steps to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge.
The ROM developer suggests users to Format Data via TWRP, in order to avoid any issues. He has also provided a flashable zip to disable forced-encryption on this ROM.
- Your device must have TWRP recovery installed. If you don’t have it yet, then follow our guide to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Take a complete backup of your personal data. You will need to completely format device after flashing this ROM.
- Charge your S7 Edge to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any disruptions during the process.
- Download and Install Samsung USB driver on your PC.
- Your device must be on the latest stock build based on Android Nougat.
Once you have fulfilled the stated requirements, go ahead and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge.
Download Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM
DM-verity disabler: no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
How to update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to Android 8.0 Oreo Samsung Experience 9.0?
Before you go ahead and install the Oreo ROM onto your S7 Edge device, here are some notes.
- This is a custom ROM to your device must be rooted with latest TWRP recovery.
- Also, make sure your device is running the stock Samsung firmware. TouchWiz or otherwise.
- The kernel is encrypted so you will need to flash the No-verity 6.0 zip after flashing the ROM.
- The ROM has been compiled by the system.zip provided by a user Kill-Switch.
- There are reports that Oreo changes data partition. So it is recommended to format the data before flashing this ROM.
- S7 Flat Sm-G930F users can use Vysor app to control the device.
- Make sure your Samsung device is rooted with latest TWRP recovery. See how to install TWRP on Android.
- Download all the files including Samsung Experience 9.0 for S7 Edge Oreo ROM, NoVerity-6.0 to your phone. Transfer all the files to device storage or SD Card.
- Reboot phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- Take a full Nandroid backup.
- It is recommended to wipe the data + wipe system, art, cache before flashing the Oreo ROM.
- Go to the home screen on TWRP and flash latest S7 Oreo ROM by tapping on Install option.
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Next, flash the dm-verity disabler as well.
- When the flashing process is complete, hit “Reboot System”.
So you have just been able to Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Install Android Oreo Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM. Is successfull.