Similar to Samsung’s Galaxy Note flagship series apart from its Galaxy S flagships, Huawei has a flagship Mate series along with its other flagship P series. Although the difference between the two Huawei flagship lineups isn’t as distinct as Samsung’s. The Mate 10 doesn’t have a stylus or anything but it is simply another flagship from Huawei. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. In any case, the Root Huawei Mate 10 Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10 Lite are here, have been for a while. If you own any of these devices and wanted to root them, now you can and we’re going to show you just how.
Root Huawei Mate 10 Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10 Lite
Android has a lot of fragmentation already and now manufacturers are coming up with more ways to further increase it. It used to be just about the skin and software but with companies like Samsung and Huawei making their own chipsets as well, the fragmentation has further increased. This makes it really difficult for developers, especially the ones working for free, to support all these different hardware. Last year’s Huawei Mate 9 never got an official build of TWRP recovery for example. Not surprisingly neither the Mate 10 nor the Mate 10 Pro have any kind of TWRP build available. Root Huawei Mate 10 Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10 Lite
Luckily, developers associated with Huawei devices have found a way to root it without using a custom recovery. Both the Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro can be rooted using a command line tool, on a Windows PC. Exactly the same procedure will work for the Mate 10 as well.
Unlocking the bootloader, rooting your device, installing custom recoveries or kernel, each and every one of these actions will void your warranty. No one can guarantee that doing all of this won’t harm your device. You must understand that there is always the rarest of chances that things might not work out. Gsmsolution24 or anyone else cannot be held responsible under such circumstances. On the plus side, once you’ve unlocked the bootloader you can’t void your warranty anymore.
- Your Huawei Mate 10/Mate 10 Pro/Mate 10 Lite should have an unlocked bootloader. If you haven’t unlocked the bootloader yet you can take a look at our guide. To unlock the bootloader you’ll require a Huawei account which you can register for here.
- Windows users will also need to install Huawei USB drivers. A better way to do this is to just install Huawei’s HiSuite.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- FunkyHuawei Root Tool
- Mate10_Root_2017120901.zip(by mankindtw)
- TWRP for Huawei Mate 10 Lite
- SuperSU.zip for Huawei Mate 10 Lite
- Download the FunkyHuawei Root Tool from the Downloads section above and extract the zip file.
- Power off your Huawei Mate 10/Mate 10 Pro and then connect it to the PC with a USB cable while holding the Volume Down This will boot your device into fastboot mode.
- Run the FHMate10Tool.exe file from the extracted contents and you’ll be presented with 5 options in a command prompt window.
- Press 1 and hit Enter on your keyboard to root your Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro. It’s that simple.
It should be noted though that this method, while tried and tested, does result in a loss of all user data on your device and also the ability to use the EMUI themes.
- Download the Mate10_Root_2017120901.zip from the Downloads section above and unzip it.
- Connect your device to the PC in fastboot mode as described in Method 1 step 2.
- Run the mate 10 root.bat file in the extracted folder.
- The tool will run and your phone will reboot and SuperSU will be installed.
Root Huawei Mate 10 Lite
- Assuming your device has an unlocked bootloader, download the TWRP image and SuperSU zip for the Mate 10 Lite from the Downloads section above.
- Transfer the TWRP image file to your adb installation folder and the SuperSU zip to your device’s storage.
- Connect your phone in fastboot mode to your PC. Power off <> connect to PC while pressing Volume Down button)
- Launch an ADB command window and execute the following command.
- This will boot your device into a temporary TWRP recovery. Go to Advanced <> Terminal and run the following command.
- Go back to the TWRP main menu and select Install. Then navigate to the SuperSU zip file, select it and swipe at the bottom to flash it.
- Tap on the Reboot system button that appears when done.
When your device boots you should have root access via the now installed SuperSU app. Root Huawei Mate 10 Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10 Lite.