Motorola Moto Z2 Force was launched almost 6 months ago and it’s about time it got some community love. Moto Z2 Force TWRP is finally available which means you can root the device. Read ahead to know How To Root Motorola Moto Z2 Force Install TWRP Recovery
Motorola launched the Moto Z2 Force in July 2017. The phone sports a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. The Motorola Moto Z2 Force is powered by 2.35GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. As far as software is concerned, Motorola takes a different approach than most OEMs and keeps the experience close to Stock Android which is a great plus! In the camera department, the Motorola Moto Z2 Force packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies. Today, we will tell you how to install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Force and root is via SuperSU or Magisk.
How to Root Motorola Moto Z2 Force
The very first step to root any Android device these days is to have a working TWRP recovery installed on it. Once we get the TWRP Recovery installed, it is pretty much a cakewalk from there on.
For a long time, official TWRP for Moto Z2 Force was a dream but it is now available for download. Previously, we had seen unofficial TWRP from XDA Senior Member joemossjr, but this time, we have official TWRP! Once you flash TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Force, you can root by simply flashing SuperSU Zip or Magisk Zip.
Reasons to Root Motorola Moto Z2 Force
Let’s have a quick look at the benefits of rooting Moto Z2 Force.
- It gives more flexibility to customize your device the way you want it to be.
- You can install custom ROMs and make the most of your device.
- Keep your device updated with custom ROMs even after official updates stop.
- Remove unwanted Bloatware from your device.
- Install several mods such as Dolby Atmos, ViPER4Android, Magisk Mods and Xposed Modules.
The first step is to install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Force which will allow you to flash Magisk or Super SU on your device. After flashing the Super SU or Magisk zip your device will have the root access. Having root access will give your complete and total access to your Moto Z2 Force. It is sort-of like an administrator account on a Windows PC so that you can customize, modify the android settings as per your wish.
- Make sure you have the latest Motorola USB Drivers.
- Take a full backup of your data since the data from your device will be wiped out: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Your device must have at least 60% of charge to survive the entire process of rooting and installing TWRP.
- Download the latest available version of twrp-installer-nash-3.x.x-x.zip and twrp-3.x.x-x-nash.img from this link: Download TWRP for Moto Z2 Force
- Latest SuperSU. [OR]
- Latest Magisk.
Downloading the first two files is mandatory. Depending on how you want to root, you can download either SuperSU or Magisk.
How To Root Motorola Moto Z2 Force Install TWRP Recovery
- Make sure you have downloaded all the necessary files in the downloads section.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC.
- Copy the file twrp-3.2.1-0-nash.img to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on your PC.
- Copy the twrp-installer-nash-3.2.1-0.zip file to your phone.
- Switch off your device.
- To boot into bootloader/fastboot mode: Hold volume down and turn on the device.
- Connect the device to your PC.
- Open a command window from inside the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
- Execute the following command to temporarily boot your device into TWRP:
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-nash.img
- Once you are in TWRP: If you are using a lockscreen pin/pattern/password and do not get prompted to enter your password, reboot to the bootloader and try again.
- Tap on Install. Browse and select the file twrp-installer-nash-3.2.1-0.zip and flash the same.
Root Moto Z2 Force Steps
- After installing official TWRP, if your device asks for pin or password, simply enter it to decrypt your phone. TWRP will automatically decrypt your device once you enter your PIN/Password.
- Connect your device to PC while it is still in TWRP Recovery mode.
- You should see your device storage on your PC. Copy the SuperSU Zip file or Magisk Zip file depending on how you want to root your device.
- In TWRP, tap on Install and select the SuperSU or Magisk Zip file.
- Once the installation completes, reboot your device.
You now have successfully installed, Root Motorola Moto Z2 Force Install TWRP Recovery. This is the easiest way to Root Moto Z2 Force. Now that, you have Rooted your device, Ok Done How To Root Motorola Moto Z2 Force Install TWRP Recovery is successfully.