Today we will guide you on How to Root Huawei P20 & P20 Pro Install TWRP Recovery. TWRP recovery is considered to be one of the important contributions from the active developer community that Android has. This open-source custom recovery is in wide usage around the world. TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
If you are here, then you probably wondering How to Root Huawei P20 & P20 Pro Install TWRP Recovery. You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
Talking about the specs, Huawei P20 Pro features a 6.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2244 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Hisilicon Kirin 970 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory. The camera on the Huawei P20 Pro comes with Triple Camera 40 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP with Leica optics, 3x optical zoom, phase detection and laser autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash rear camera and 24MP front shooting camera with autofocus. Huawei P20 Pro runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 4.5V/5A (58% in 30 min). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
How to Root Huawei P20 Pro
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Huawei P20 Pro without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Huawei P20 Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Huawei P20 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Huawei P20 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Huawei P20 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Huawei P20 Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module
Here is the guide on how to root Huawei P20 Pro smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Huawei P20 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Huawei P20 Pro
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
Download Required Files
TWRP Recovery (3.2.1-0 – Huawei P20 – Unofficial)
TWRP Recovery (Latest – Huawei P20 Pro – Official)
- This Guide Supported for Huawei P20 Pro
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P20 Pro.
- Install latest Huawei USB Drivers
- You need either Laptop or PC.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Download Minimal ADB Tool –CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
Installation Guide using ADB fastboot method:
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
- First of all, Download and install or extract the Android SDK or Minimal ADB Folder
- Now Go to C:\adb on the PC where Android SDK folder is found
- Now open the command window (CMD) on the same adb folder by holding the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or Command Window option.
- Turn off your phone completely
- Once you completely shut down, now connect the device to the PC while holding the Volume Down key.
- It will boot into fastboot, Now enter the following command to install TWRP recovery on Huawei P20:
- To install TWRP recovery on Huawei P20 Pro, use the following:
- Once you are done, you can reboot your phone using the following command:
That’s it! You have installed TWRP Successfully!
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Pro. OK Done How to Root Huawei P20 & P20 Pro Install TWRP Recovery is Successfully!