How to Motorola Moto G6 and G6 Plus Unlock Bootloader. Motorola (Lenovo) has been releasing some of the best mid-range smartphones in the Moto G line up for last few years now. Keeping that record, Moto released Moto G6 and G6 Plus this year. Like all the previous generations, the devices are made to target the middle segment range of smartphones. The Moto G6 and G6 Plus come with a locked bootloader, in this article, we’ll be sharing How to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G6 and Moto G6 Plus. If you want to flash a ROM, root your phone, or to install a custom recovery, then you need an unlocked bootloader of Moto G6/Moto G6 Plus.
If you want to get the most out of your device, then you should unlock the bootloader of your device. Lie all other Motorola devices, these two also come with an unlockable bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader would require certain steps. So here is the step by step guide with the help of which, you can quickly unlock bootloader of Moto G6 and Moto G6 Plus. Carefully follow the steps below.
As we know, All Android Phones comes with a pre-locked bootloader, but if you want to customize or install new custom ROM, then you must unlock bootloader. To unlock the bootloader, you may need to download third-party firmware or tools. You can follow the pre-requisite given below to unlock the bootloader.
Steps How to Motorola Moto G6 and G6 Plus Unlock Bootloader
According to Motorola, unlocking or rooting doesn’t void the warranty of their device. This is the reason why most power users or developer take one step forward to buy this device for development. So we gurrantee that you can easily perform the method to unlock the bootloader on your device without having to worry about official support/warranty.
What you need:
- This Update is only for Moto G6 and G6 Plus users.
- You need Laptop or PC
- Working USB Cable
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest Motorola USB drivers
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlockby going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. To continue the setup, you must fix your drivers to list your device under fastboot devices.
- If the phone is recognized by the command above, proceed to boot into bootloader by tapping down the volume down button on your phone and select the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option with power key. Now you can unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
- Now command will return a string which you need to copy the string to a notepad with a single line by deleting all space
- To Get Bootloader Key for Moto G6 and G6 Plus – Open the website Motorola’s unlock the bootloader site by Signing up or Log in in via Google Plus account
- Now paste the string from Notepad to the box shown on the website
- Once you click the “Can my Device be unlocked?” you will receive a mail with unlock key.
- Now copy the unlock key and type the following command and enter.
Here UNLOCK_Key is the place where you have to paste the unlock key which you copied from the email.
- That’s it! Your device will unlock. hah! Have fun!
This is the complete step by step guide on How to Motorola Moto G6 and G6 Plus Unlock Bootloader. In case you have any questions related to this post, leave them in the comments section. We’ll be glad to help you out.
MD RASEL AHMED