Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus was the flagship device of Samsung in 2017 and is the successor to Galaxy S7 Edge.It was released alongside with it’s younger brother Samsung Galaxy S8. Galaxy devices have a great loyal fanbase around the globe.There are tons and tons of developments take place on these devices.The developer support is among one of the best.
The rooting process of Samsung devices is different from other OEMs. There are two ways to root Samsung devices 1) With TWRP 2) With CF Auto Root.First, users have to unlock the bootloader of the device, then TWRP installation should be done using Odin flash tool.Once Odin Flash Tool is installed, users can flash supersu or magisk to get root access on their devices.Here we will be following the TWRP method. Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Install TWRP On Android Oreo 8.0
If you happen to be a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus user who is tired of looking for the perfect rooting guide, then your search ends here. In this post, we are going to make it incredibly easy for you to root your device. First, we are going to give you all the basic information regarding rooting such as what is rooting, what are its benefits, and more, after which we are going to give you an instruction manual to help you root your device.
Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Install TWRP On Android Oreo 8.0
This method is only for the latest generation of Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus International unlocked version which comes with model number SM-G90F. This method will work on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware version.Don’t try this method on other models of the device.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 7.0 Nougat) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Install Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F USB Drivers.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F
Gsmsolution24.com will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. Follow the step by step careful to get your device rooted without any issues
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC. (check download section below)
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide >How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your device from the download section above (Download according to your model)
- Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide. Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
- Using SuperSu | Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Download the latest zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
Using Magisk | Root Sansung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Install TWRP On Android Oreo 8.0 successfully.